HOA Board Efforts and Accomplishments
and Why You Should Join:
and Why You Should Join:
The Hamptons HOA Board is working for you and will continue to do so. Some of you ask what does the HOA do or has done for the residents of The Hamptons?
The Hamptons Homeowners Association, Inc. is a federally registered 501 (c) (4) organization.
1. Your HOA represents you in various meetings/negotiations (including Florida Statute 723 mandated statutory meetings) with Sun Communities’ local and corporate management. The Community owner/manager does not manage or dictate operations of an HOA. The HOA continues to encourage community ownership to upgrade and maintain community amenities and common areas, and to ensure compliance with and enforcement of community rules and regulations. The HOA works to ensure that every homeowner is knowledgeable of the rights and obligations/responsibilities of the landowner/community management and of the land renters (residents).
2. The HOA is your voice when attempting to resolve issues with the local Sun Community management. The Board sponsors and staffs a Residents’ Concerns/Issues Committee that meets with local management to discuss those resident issues.
3. The HOA sponsors a welcoming committee for new residents. They answer any questions you may have as a new Hamptons resident and the committee may also distribute local town/community information. The committee has recently generated a colorful new Homeowners Welcome Guide.
4. The HOA manages an HOA Facebook Page (with Facebook Live for broadcasting meetings) and a Web Site (www.flhamptons.com) to expedite communications of community concerns/events/safety alerts to all residents. The HOA also maintains a master email communications list (also used by local Hamptons management) – whereby residents are immediately notified of important issues.
5. Your HOA prepares and provides free new telephone number/resident address directories to households. The directory alone is worth the HOA membership fee of $15.
6. Deliveries of the community news bulletin (Hampton Herald) are organized by the HOA. The HOA sponsors and manages the weekly BINGO sessions in the ballroom.
7. The HOA provides representation at Federation of Manufactured Home Owners, Inc. (FMO) functions and training sessions.
8. Your HOA maintains records of its legal by-laws and updates and makes changes as needed. The HOA Board of Directors is elected democratically by its members and thus answers to its members.
9. The HOA conducts an Annual Member Meeting (and multiple Board of Directors meetings) in a spirit of transparency and cooperation. These meetings may lead to discussions of the provisions of Florida Statute 723 and the provisions of the signed leased-land prospectus.
10. The HOA sponsors/coordinates recycling for aluminum cans. Thus, generating funds for HOA use.
11. The HOA has previously successfully lobbied former and current corporate management for 1) the installation of security cameras at the front entrance gates, 2) an upgraded clubhouse sound system, 3) additional park benches for walkers, 4) installation of 2 pickle ball courts, 5) shuffleboard courts resurfacing and some new benches, 6) repairs to the golf cart path, 7) construction of a second fenced-in pet area, and 8) installation of two bocce courts and equipment shed. The HOA also purchased a radar speed sign and partnered with The Hamptons on an electronic sign board.
12. The HOA sponsors a community-wide party in the Spring and also social events after some Board meetings for our residents. Our HOA wishes to keep all residents “tuned” to our community’s well being and a “togetherness” that will foster a united front to counter any potentially disruptive actions/forces.
13. If you have other issues you wish to discuss, please communicate with current HOA Board of Directors and attend our HOA Board meetings as a paid-up HOA member.
Please consider joining the HOA - there is strength in numbers! If you have other issues you wish to discuss, please communicate with current HOA Board members and attend our HOA Board meetings as a paid-up member.
Ready to join or renew?
Here is the latest membership form