What Has the HOA Done for You and our Community?
- The Hamptons Homeowners Association advocates for our residents by supporting the concerns of the residents through regular meetings with Sun Communities’ management, and working toward the resolution of your concerns. Through these meetings, the HOA has been able to resolve several issues for several residents, and has successfully promoted ideas that bring additional value to the residents.
- The HOA recommended and Sun approved the creation of a second pet area to better serve the pet owners of the community, allowing additional space to let your pets roam free.
- Our IT Committee created a smart phone app and a Members Only portal to enable HOA members to have access to information specifically for members, and to ensure sensitive information cannot be obtained from our website. Confidential information and your privacy are now secure on the site.
- In our survey in 2020, you gave some suggestions to improve the HOA, and we listened. One of those suggestions was to sponsor more events for the community. We listened and launched our Entertainment ’22 program with four fun and entertaining events. We were even able to price our tickets to add a cost-savings for HOA members, delivering good entertainment at a very affordable price, and to address the suggestion of having tangible benefits for HOA membership. Even more shows with great entertainment are scheduled for 2023. Plus, we’ve added two additional shows in the summer for our full-time residents.
- We restructured and streamlined our monthly meetings to allow for more member input and to create a sense of informality. We also purchased our own sound system for use at our meetings to insure everyone can hear and understand the proceedings clearly.
- We supported the idea of installing ceiling fans in the ballroom, and worked with Sun through the purchase and installation. The fans will go a long way toward making those in the ballroom more comfortable during our evening events.
- Our IT and Communications committees worked to migrate our internal systems from a hands-on process to an online process. Although this was invisible to most of our residents, the migration saved the HOA over $200 in 2022 and will save the HOA approximately $800 in 2023.
- This year, we purchased an additional speed warning sign for use in the community. The new system enables Sun to track actual speed along with time of day to determine periods when speeding is most prevalent. We believe this will help Sun in their ongoing attempts to control speeding thereby making the community safer for the residents.
- Because recycling is so important to our residents, the HOA sponsors our Recycling Program. This year, we were able to obtain a generous grant that offset part of the cost of a brand-new, much-needed aluminum compactor to assist in our recycling efforts. This saved an additional $400 from this expense.
- The HOA sponsors a Facebook Group exclusively for owners and residents of the Hamptons. Besides being a communication tool for our residents, the HOA and other organizations use our Facebook Group to keep you informed of upcoming events and other items of interest.
We have a lot more planned for 2023 and we hope you’ll consider renewing your membership, or joining us if you’re not already a member. There’s a place for you in the HOA. We invite you to join us.
Click here to download the 2023 HOA Membership Application