A Word from Sun Communities, Inc.
The Hamptons Golf & Country Club
1094 Hwy 92 West
Auburndale, Florida 33823
863-667-0275 (24 x 7 non-emergency)
877-786-6048 (after hours EMERGENCY only)
- Second fountain – still awaiting meter work from TECO.
- RV lot is now on a regular schedule for insect pest control and grass mowing. Additionally, some trees were cleared and other spots were marked for clearing next year.
- Card readers/security – will be activated tomorrow (August 7). See Emily at the Sales Office for your cards (max of two (2) per household/lot; one is free and the second [optional] card is $10). During business hours, the front doors will be unlocked but the pool and back door into the exercise room area will always remain locked.
- Lawn mowing of common areas has been difficult due to rains, but thy will attempt to get back on schedule.
- Phil continues to follow up on "dirty" homes or those needing mowing.
- Phil is considering allowing a small area on the pool deck for smoking and posting a sign to that effect; i.e., SMOKING HERE ONLY or something to that effect, rather than numerous signs posted elsewhere saying NO SMOKING, because he doesn't like a lot of signage. However, those in attendance at the meeting vigorously protested allowing any smoking in the pool area. At any rate, residents and guests are reminded: NO SMOKING, NO EATING, and NO DRINKING IN/AROUND THE POOL. Period.
- The area around the recycling shed will be pressure washed and cleaned up.
- The aeration of the golf course suffered due to the excessive rains, so the huge pile of sand on the side parking lot will be used to re-aerate the course.
- Sun will re-deploy dogs to chase off wild boars. Phil stated there is evidence that pigs remember when they've been threatened with dogs and are less likely to return to those areas...we shall see.
- Park expansion - Sun is re-negotiating the purchase price with the owners of the adjacent lot in question because more wetlands may have to be considered as part of the footprint. Sun has previously communicated that the purchase, development, and additional amenities must be economically feasible for them to enter into the deal.
July 2018: Phil takes vacation first week in July (and September) so no first Monday coffee hour meeting those months.
- Second fountain – still awaiting final approval and meter work from TECO
- RV lot was sprayed but was followed by heavy rains which spread the ants around and resulted in huge mounds; lot needs to be resprayed and maintained ongoing
- Card readers/security – IT technical implementation issues have been resolved; cards will be available at the Sales Office (see Emily) beginning June 11 but will NOT be activated until the end of July; max of two (2) per household/lot; one is free and the second [optional] card is $10, if desired
- Landscaping in select areas will be completed by the end of June
- Several common areas are being mowed but NOT weed-trimmed; Phil will follow up
- Card room remodel - no end date at this time
- Phil will follow up on complaint(s) about heavy commercial equipment in the community on Sundays
- Not approved; plans to eliminate within a week; contacting all owners who have listed their homes for the service
- Next newsletter will provide clear direction for other approved rentals
- Takes 24 hours to evict if violent; likely may be arrested depending on severity
- Otherwise, can take up to 90 days
- Consulted Sun attorney, so may be 24 hours
- Civil actions take time; criminal actions require resident to make 911 call and stay to file a report
- NO children are allowed to live here
- Lot rent payment checks – please include lot # to help Regina process more efficiently
- Fri & Sat – homes are tagged needing lawn mowing, pressure washing; if power washing is needed more than twice a year, your service person should use better chemicals; Lowes has user solution (Joe Max or Mr. Clean); if homeowners are not home (i.e., up north), Frank will pass onto Regina to make phone calls up north
- Tree trimmers – only for relief after hurricanes
- Second fountain – will turn on after TECO approves the meter
- Gate problem previous weekend – electrical circuit board was broken but has been repaired
- 8’ fencing – near Tulip Cir W – ditch was blocked even though fencing repaired in exact same spot as last 20 years
- Grille restaurant – bathroom renovations, initially planned for late spring/summer, have been postponed indefinitely
- RV lot will be sprayed for ants and other insects
- Card readers/security – IT technical implementation issues arose; once resolved, programming should be simple
- Drainage work and cart paths closed while road repairs being today; drainage should be done
- Put 911 button information (out on pool deck) in the Hampton Herald
- Phil’s wish list: potential upgrade to entrance gate but there is no money in budget right now
- Tim – CAP needs volunteers